If there is an HSY water pipeline, wastewater sewer or storm water sewer in the area affected by the building project (on a case-by-case basis, within a range of 2.5 to 10 meters), make sure that the construction does not damage them. Before the construction work can begin, the parties to the construction project must make plans for how the pipelines are moved or arranged in cooperation with HSY, and if necessary, submit them for approval also to the unit responsible for construction activities in the property's home municipality.
Even if there is no need to move the pipelines, the developer must draw up adequate geotechnical, structural or other specific plans, paying particular attention to
- the prevention of damage to the water or sewer pipelines and the result of that damage
- ensuring that the work does not compromise safety or cause harm or disruption to the water supply or the environment.
Water services planning and implementation must be carried out by qualified persons approved by HSY for municipal engineering and water services.
It is good to reserve about 1–2 years time for planning, depending on the scope of the project and the complexity of the work on water services. Contact HSY's water services immediately when project planning starts and ask for the person responsible for real estate-based pipeline relocation. You must always agree in advance with HSY's contact person to start relocation or protection planning for water services and structures.
The project parties must agree on execution and schedule with HSY. Work which affects water services is not allowed to begin before the plans are approved by HSY. If necessary, a separate agreement will be drawn up for the project.
Pipeline relocation or water supply system changes and the construction project must meet the following conditions:
- The project parties are responsible for all the costs of the work, procurement and organization of the relocation and protection of the water and sewer pipelines. Work and procurement limits must be agreed separately with HSY.
- The project developer / main contractor / chief designer will be responsible for the correctness and compatibility of the respective HSY pipeline relocation plans and other construction plans in accordance with their mutual contractual relations.
- The review of the plan or the request for a change by HSY would not transfer any part of the responsibility to HSY, but the project parties are responsible for the content of the plan.
- The construction project and the pipelines to be relocated must be designed and implemented in such a way that it is not detrimental to the subsequent maintenance and repair of the pipelines.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the project parties will be responsible for the preparation of applications for easements or siting permits, as appropriate.
- The agreed works and materials of HSY must be ordered in writing from HSY. Sufficient time should be reserved for HSY to carry out its procurement and installation required for the pipeline relocation or arrangement. HSY is not responsible for any delays in material deliveries due to suppliers.
- The project parties should contact the supervisor assigned by HSY in good time before the work begins on the project in question and agree on the timetable for work and the necessary arrangements and precautionary measures. The work must not be started before these issues have been agreed.
- The project parties will be responsible for the post-measurement of the water pipelines and sewers to be constructed in a manner approved by HSY, unless otherwise agreed.
- The project parties are liable for any detriment or damage caused by the work, site arrangements or phases of work to the HSY pipelines, work site or third party.
- HSY is not responsible for any damage or inconvenience that the water or sewer pipelines that are within the construction project area may possibly cause for the construction project.
HSY will determine other possible conditions that should be met on a case-by-case basis.