Collection of plastics, which is subject to a charge, has begun at all Sortti Stations. The plastics collection at the Sortti Stations is also suitable for such plastic items that cannot be disposed of at properties' own collection of plastic packages or at the Rinki eco take-back points.
Suitable for the collection:
- all plastics labelled as 02, 04 and 05
- empty buckets, basins, vats and drums
- empty barrels, canisters and tubs
- garden furniture
- baskets and pallets
- balcony flower boxes, plastic flower pots and planters
- bale plastics, plastic wraps
- plastic bags and sacks
- freezer containers
- chopping boards
- sleds and other plastic toys with no big metal parts
- composite decking boards
- plastic packages.
Unsuitable for this collection:
- styrox (PS, EPS)
- PVC 03
- tarpaulins, large heavy duty sacks
- fibre-reinforced fabrics
- electronic plastics
- plastic items containing large metal parts
- vats and drums containing concrete, aggregate
In 2020: € 10 per m³, e.g. € 2.00/one refuse sack
We transfer a part of the collected plastics to Wimao Oy in Lappeenranta und a part to the sorting plant of Päijät-Häme Waste Management Ltd (PHJ) in Lahti.
At the sorting plant of Päijät-Häme Waste Management, the sorted plastics which are suitable for recycling are delivered to Fortum Riihimäki and processed into raw material for recycled plastic.
Thank you for sorting your waste!
Information about the collection and sorting of plastic packages on properties »